Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Friday, October 24, 2008

PIERCE COLLEGE BOTANIC GARDEN TREASURE

Pierce College Botanic Garden - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2008 (click on image to enlarge)
While visiting Los Angeles Pierce College in Woodland Hills last evening, I had the opportunity to visit the S. Mark Taper Foundation Life Science Botanic Garden. I have to confess that the garden's long title has intimidated me from earlier visits. But last night's visit won't be my last.
The botanic garden is only two years old, having been completed in 2007. It is a perfect example of how native drought-resistant plants can replace uninspiring and water guzzling lawns. And, the garden is a showcase for the San Fernando Valley of what can be accomplished by using regional plants.

Pierce College Botanic Garden - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2008 (click on image to enlarge)

All of us who live and work in the Valley can take pride, not only in the wonderful botanic garden, but in the Pierce College commitment to bettering our environment. The progressive west Valley college is leading the way with solar generations, and a natural gas co-generation system. The whole college is alive with exciting environment friendly and supportive projects. With two Orange Line stations serving the campus, a visit to Pierce College should be high on all of our adventure lists.

Pierce College Botanic Garden - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2008 (click on image to enlarge)

Pierce College Botanic Garden - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2008 (click on image to enlarge)

Los Angeles Pierce College
6201 Winnetka Ave. Woodland Hills, CC 91371 Phone: 1 (818) 719-6401


The San Fernando Valley, in the heart of the Creative Center of the World, deserves a great Museum

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is Sara Johnson, I live in california U.S.A and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. he gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Dr. Dave Logan that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him on (daveloganloanfirm@gmail.com and Call/Text: +1(501)800-0690 ) .. and inform them Sara Johnson directed you.. Thanks. Blessed Be.

Unknown said...

DO YOU NEED A PERSONAL/BUSINESS/INVESTMENT LOAN? CONTACT US TODAY VIA WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

HELLO
Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and don’t know which way to go or where to turn? What about finding a reputable Debt Consolidation firm that can assist you in reducing monthly installment so that you will have affordable repayment options as well as room to breathe when it comes to the end of the month and bills need to get paid? Then consider your financial problems over. We Offer LOANS from $3,000.00 Min to $30,000,000.00 Max with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 35 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the services you deserve, Our program is the quickest way to get what you need in a snap.Kindly reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY VIA WhatsApp:+19292227023 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


Kate Hartman said...

Best & Guaranteed Crypto Recovery Hacker Recovery Masters

My experience of online scamming took seconds and cost me thousands. I was fooled by a YouTube video that convinced me that I could make a killing in Crypto, and the minute I clicked the link and deposited funds, I knew something was up, but it was too late. I worked with RECOVERY MASTERS, and they were so helpful and supportive, and in the end, after 4 days, I finally got almost all of the money back. It wouldn't have been possible for me to meet up economically because I almost invested all my money but all thanks to Recovery Master with their genius effort to help me recover my already stolen currency. Please ensure also to consult: Recovery Master via email: (recoverymasters@email.cz)