Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Thursday, June 11, 2009

INFORMATION ON THE SF VALLEY'S AIR RAID SIRENS SOUGHT

"I 've been snooping the internet looking for info on these old air-raid sirens I was remembering the days when the test rockets would fire and the air raid sirens would sound out for testing. As I read it now, it was every last Friday of the month at 10am - I just remember that it was every once in a while, whenever I was trying to play on our swingset on in the sandbox on Strathern. I've taken pictures of 3 of the sirens in their various states of disrepair, including the one by Justice Street School on Woodlake street. I think that it would be a cool project to get them all and make a book... Any idea where I may find a map of locations of these old sirens? Damon F."

You can contact Damon through the telephone of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley at 1 (818) 347-9665

No comments: