CHERISHING OUR VALLEY 2013
These pictures are from a 1978 newspaper insert special entitled Historical Trails, Journals thought Burbank's Past. The paper was donated to The Museum of the San Fernando Valley by Gary Fredburg in 2013.
Dr. David Burbank DDS - Founder of the City of Burbank
Looking north on San Fernando Road, where the "Golden Mall" now stands. 1927
The Burbank Police Department 1921 - 1922Left to right Officer Bill Gates, Judge Crawford, Officers George Marygold and Ulya Kyle - and, Police Chief George Cole.
Burbank Fire Department late 1930s
1928 Burbank Fire Department
Between 1910 to 1920 - Moreland Truck Factory - Burbank
James "Big Jim" Jeffries - 1899 World Heavyweight ChampionJefferies lived and trained in Burbank from 1904 until his death in March 1953 (click on image to enlarge - DUCK!)
Carriages parked at Luttge Store c. 1900
Now where Orange Grove and San Fernando Road meet.