CHERISHING OUR VALLEY 2012
December 26, 2012
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
In less than a week we will be celebrating a new year, and while you are busy with your resolutions and tax-planning, we hope you’ll take a moment to let us know that you care about the Valley’s history, and our arts and culture.
Your tax-deductible support lets the world know that you believe our San Fernando Valley heritage is important and worth protecting.
During this next year your contribution, great or small, will go toward the following and other important efforts by Your Museum:
• Collecting and archiving artifacts related to Valley history and culture
• Capturing oral histories of the San Fernando Valley through our
“Narrating Lives” program
• Expanding our present historic walking tours of North Hollywood and
• Training docents for Valley historical sites
• Supporting The Museum’s Public Art Initiative throughout the Valley
• Continuing our Notable Speakers Series
• Opening the Museum’s office and work spaces
• Fostering historical theatre for Valley public and private schools
• Identifying and defending endangered historic sites and structures
• Exciting the Valley pride in our history and culture through our “Horses
Across The Valley “ project that will showcase full-size sculptures of horses decorated
by Valley artists
• Supporting Valley community arts and historical celebrations
• Conducting “the Big Read,” a National Endowment of the Arts literacy
project and Valley-wide festival
• Authoring and disseminating Articles on Valley Arts and History
• Publishing Valley history and events regularly on The Museum’s blog
• Speaking to community groups and working with government agencies
about Valley history and issues
The Museum of the San Fernando Valley is a California non-profit corporation number # 2795694.
We are a California charity trust number CT0161685. Our federal tax-exempt number is EIN 26-1292402.
On behalf of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley, may 2013 bring you good health,
prosperity and especially happiness.
Contributions may be made payable and sent to: (mailing address only)
The Museum of the San Fernando Valley
21031 Ventura Blvd., Suite 419
Woodland Hills, CA 91364-2230