DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY 2011
The first Mass celebrated by Our Lady of Grace parish in Encino was held in the packing room of Canoga Farms on Ventura Boulevard. It was conducted by a discalced Carmelite priest Father Patrick Collins. This ceremony dedicating the American flag was probably held in September of 1947 with the opening of the Carmelite Catholic school there.
Just across Ventura Boulevard from the Encino Development Company, dedication ceremony of Our Lady of Grace Catholic parish at the south western corner of White Oak Avenue and Ventura Boulevard c. 1947. Bequest to The Museum from the estate of Catherine Olson, who was a parishioner there. (click on image to enlarge)