DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY 2011
In 1947, seven Catholic nuns opened an elementary school at Our Lady of Grace parish in Encino. The teaching sisters were members of the Religious Order of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Their former convent now serves as the parish offices.
In the chapel of the convent of Our Lady of Grace parish, this stained glass window was presented to the teaching sisters to celebrate the Holy Year of 1950. Note the triple crown of Pope Pius XII with his insignia crest of doves.