Rirchard Bogy, an active participant in our Museum Community sends this important notice.
Universal / MTA Project Community Working Group
Post Office Box 2312
Toluca Lake, California 91610-2312
The City of Los Angeles wants your input….
Regarding the NBC Universal Vision Plan
When: August 1, 2007
Time: Between 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (open house style)
Where: Universal Hilton Hotel, Universal City
NBC Universal Studios has presented a 25-year vision plan, which is the first step in enlarging the size of their operation and developing their property.
The City of Los Angeles will present a “scoping” meeting on August 1st, which is the first opportunity for the public to see the actual requested project and to make comments to the City about elements of concern. Some of the project includes:
· The development of about 1.56 million square feet of new space
· A new 550-room hotel
· 2,937 multi-family residential units
· New parking structures
· New development at CityWalk
· New development at the Theme Park and Amphitheater
· New Studio production space
· A new major street to be built from Forest Lawn Drive to Coral Drive
The proposed project will substantially affect our communities. Some concerns are:
· Traffic mitigation – what will Universal do to resolve the increase in traffic caused by their completed project, and also address the affects on traffic during construction? How will their mitigation affect the expected growth in cars and traffic flow – all in a traffic “choke” point of Cahuenga Pass, Barham, Lankershim and Cahuenga Boulevard ?
· Aesthetics – how will this project change the way our community looks. How will the new buildings change our skyline?
· Noise and Light – how much additional noise and light pollution will the project create, and how will that be mitigated?
· Community Improvements – what elements does the project include to enhance the communities around Universal Studios.
The Universal / MTA Project Community Working Group is committed to working with NBC / Universal – and their contractors – to help ensure a project that has widespread support and improves all of the communities around Universal City .
Learn more about us at: www.universalworkinggroupnews.org
“Neighbors working together for smart growth”