BUILDING A GREAT MUSEUM FOR THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
McKINLEY HOME FOR BOYS
"An Investment With Assured Dividends" Story of McKinley Home" Gift to The Museum of the San Fernando Valley from Neil Ally 2014 (click on images to enlarge them.)
Administrative Building - McKinley Home for Boys - Structure was standing in 1956
In 1900, a retired minister Uriah Gregory and his wife Alice founded what was to become the McKinley Home for Boys in Artesia, California. In 1922, the Kiwanis Club of Los Angeles spearheaded a campaign resulting in the purchase of a 157 acre ranch in what is now Sherman Oaks.
Boys who lived at the McKinley Home were normal kids who had lost their parents or whose families could not care for them.
The Boys Home property at the corner of Riverside Drive and Woodman Avenue (Southwest of present day Notre Dame High School), remained until the late 1950s.
Support Your Museum Today:
The Museum of the San Fernando Valley
Plaza De La Cordillera
18860 Nordhoff Street
2nd FloorNorthridge, CA 91324