2010 -- THE YEAR OF VALLEY ADVENTURES -- Northridge100
Originally called Zelzah, the town that we call Northridge today was renamed North Los Angeles on July 1, 1929. In 1938, this area of the San Fernando Valley was renamed Northridge Village. Few evidences of the "village" remain.
With a new name, the Northridge Southern Pacific Railroad Station graced the north Valley until 1961. (click on image to enlarge)