2009 - The Year of Valley History
Gasoline Powered Mackeen Railroad Engine/Car c. 1908 - Photograph gift of Dave High - July 2009 (click on image to enlarge)
While the depot to the left may be Lankershim Depot, is not as yet proven.
In 1908, the Mackeen Coach Company began the manufacture of a gasoline powered passenger cars. The Mackeen had dual engines. Mackeen Lines, according to donor Dave High, was a sub-division of the Union Pacific Railroad Company.
Refer to HC8 artifact number: 0709-032-956