Sinai Community Center letter Oct. 10, 1939 Glendale
Temple Sinai in Glendale, California was incorporated on June 22, 1928, as the Sinai Community Center.
At that time, the congregation consisted of fewer than a dozen Jewish families and met in the Masonic Hall located above the Ralph's Grocery Store at the corner of Orange and Broadway. In 1939, the congregation found its first permanent home at 425 West Windsor Road. Ten years later, the congregation constructed the first segment of its current home at 1212 North Pacific Avenue.
In 2012, the congregation has 300 member families There are 240 students in the combined Religious and Hebrew Schools.