Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Thursday, November 22, 2012

OLIVE AVE. BURBANK IN 1905

CHERISHING OUR VALLEY          2012


It was only 1907 years ago this August when Mother wrote her daughter Florence this priceless post card of Olive Avenue in Burbank.

Historic postcard of Olive Avenue in Burbank - Gift to The Museum of the San Fernando Valley from Gary Fredburg 2012.  (click on the image to enlarge it.)

       Notes:  6 August 1915
       To: Miss Florence Lord  288 North Vernon Avenue Los Angeles Cal
       Dear Ones and All
       Miss you all. Have been busy today. Coun Maud preserved her crab apples
       and she gave me some, so I made 6 bottles of jelly and a qt. of jam.
       She also gave me Burbank plums and we filled all but 2 bottles of mine
       with jelly and I guess a dozen glasses for her. I made a dozen glasses of
       for her. I made 10 quarts of jam and could make all I could put up if I had
       sugar and jars. When Wm. comes out have him bring 1 dozen quart jaers
       for I borrowed some from M. Get them at Clarence;s store. I also
       borrowed 6 cups of sugar. Hope you are getting along fine.
       Love to all. Mother”

No comments: