DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY 2011
KWIK ink blotter between 1947 and 1951 - Gift to The Museum of the San Fernando Valley from Gary Fredburg 2011. (click on image to enlarge)
Radio KWIK 1490 was licenced by the Federal Communication Commission on the 8th of May, 1947. The station operated on 250 watts of power day and night. But, after two years KWIK was in trouble for “technical violations.”
By 1951, the station which operated from 20 West Burbank Boulevard, couldn’t be saved even by its spiffy blotter advertisements. It lost its license in May of that year, and the “Voice of the San Fernando Valley” went off the air.