DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY
In the 1950s this gateway to the studio of the San Fernando Valley sculptor, Henry Van Wolf, graced the corner of Chandler Boulevard and Hazeltine Street in Van Nuys. The gate was a major landmark for those looking north on Chandler. Henry Wolf and his wife Veronica moved to Van Nuys from New York in 1944. Four years later, he founded the Valley Artists Guild.
Bronze sculptures of an American antelope and mountain goat, that once graced the entrance of the Van Wolf home and studio on Chandler Boulevard. They were moved to the artist's studio when the Chandler property was sold. Photographs by Gerald Fecht for The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2011.