DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY 2011
Elizabeth M. and Harry N. Falk owned a handsome horse ranch in Granada Hills from 1952 until the land was sold and subdivided for housing in 1985. The property was located at 16830 Lassen Street.
Typical of ranch lands of that era, the area was bordered by white wooden fences, with the main house situated down a long gravel driveway. The house was originally built for weekend use, with bedrooms added over the years. A pool house had a bedroom for guests. Naturally there was a hay barn and stable/tackle buildings.
As time passed, the great horse ranches of the San Fernando Valley disappeared. Folks like the great Betty Grable and Harry James boarded their horses at the Falk Ranch and similar places.
Mrs. Falk created a foundation to care for her animals and other endangered domestic creatures, that continues to this day.