Golden Anchor Match Book Cover - Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley - Gift of Gary Fredburg - 2008
Gary Fredburg has been building the Museum's collections of post cards, menus, matchbook covers, graduation programs and other items that when put together give important insights into Valley culture and history. I worked, when I first got out of college, for a Hughes Market in Panorama City, but have no recollection of The Golden Anchor. It was, and still may be, at the corner of Roscoe and Van Nuys Boulevards.
These items were catalogued into the collections of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley today"
1 brass placque Sep 17 - 18, 1966 Participant S.F.V. 99's Airlift
2 A Lesson Plan for Aerobatics c. 1966 (brochure)
3 Colorado River Storage Project (booket)
4) Catalina Airport Flyers Newsletter (pamphlet) 1964
5) Enjoy the Bird Park in Catalina (brochure)
6) Enjoy the Glass Bottom Boat in Catalina (brochure)
7) California's Greatest Outdoor Play (brochure)
8) Ramona Pageant Association presents Ramona 1966 (brochure)
9) Ramona (free program) 1966
10) Queens Arms Restaurant (brunch brochure) c. 1965
11) Mission Inn Riverside, CA - (oversized art card) c. 1964
12) U.S.S. Kitty Hawk (Carrier) "Welcome Aboard" c 1964 (brochure)
13) Underground Storage of Natural Gas at Playa del Rey c. 1964 (brochure)
14) The San Fernando Valley Mineral and Gem Society Inc. 1947 (booklet)
15) Bulletin of the Tuesday Afternoon Club - Glendale April 1955 (program)
16) The Golden Anchor (matchbook cover) date unknown)
The San Fernando Valley deserves a great Museum of history and culture.