Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

info@TheMuseumSFV.org

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Saturday, March 8, 2014

GALPIN MOTORS BEGAN IN 1945

BUILDING A GREAT MUSEUM FOR THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY

During World War II many things that we take for granted today disappeared from the commercial market. Modern necessities like tires, gasoline and sugar became so scarce that they were rationed by the Federal Government. The reason was simple, America's survival was believed at stake. Civilian cars and trucks disappeared, when companies like Ford and General Motors concentrated their production for military Jeeps and tanks.
Demand for new cards exploded when the war concluded, and dealers like Frank Galpin opened business at the perfect time. Galpin secured his Ford Dealership in the city of San Fernando in 1945. With a showroom for three new cars, Frank Galpin sold 46 a whopping post war automobiles in his first year.

Galpin Ford 1945 - San Fernando

No comments: