Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Thursday, June 25, 2009

MUSEUM LIBRARIAN FRED BERK CREATES POSTCARD EXHIBIT

2009 The Year of Valley History
Lockheed "Army Chapel" Burbank, California - gift to the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley from Gary Fredburg 2009 (click on image to enlarge)

During The Museum's meeting last evening, Fred Berk announced that he is nearly ready for an exhibit of The Museum's historic postcards for several Los Angeles Public Library locations in the mid San Fernando Valley.

The "Army Chapel" of Lockheed Aircraft Factory School, in Burbank, California was mailed on the 23rd of February, 1945. It is addressed to Mrs. Tina B. Ranger of 775 North Towne Avenue in Pomona, California. It is from P.F.C. Justin O. Ranger
BA (?)1-72 (?) 18127377
3715.AAFBU(class 30 -45)
Lockheed Factory School, Burbank, California
"This may get home Saturday evening before I do, or I found a quicker way to send it off. Today, I feel much up to par, have pretty well snaped (sp) out my cold. I had a haircut tonight and waited out a line for an hour. I'll be home later because I won't get through school and calestents (sp) till five and will leave post about six or after. It was warmer this morning. Love Justin."
No postage stamp was required - it is marked "free".

No comments: