Happy July 4th to all The Museum of the San Fernando Valley members, donors, Friends of The Museum and visitors. How about a little holiday trivia?
Send us your answers and if you have these all correct, we will send you two passes to an upcoming Museum speaker or historic tour event ($20 value!)
Send answers to: themuseumsfv(at)gmail(dot)(com).
1) What historical event do Americans celebrate on the Fourth of July?
a) Official signing of the Declaration of Independence
b) George Washington's birthday
c) The first shots of the American Revolution
d) Formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence
2) How many founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence?
3) Which president first held a Fourth of July celebration at the White House?
a) George Washington
b) John Adams
c) Thomas Jefferson
d) James Madison
4) Which two U.S. presidents died on July 4th in the same year?
a) Thomas Jefferson and John Adams
b) James Monroe and Martin Van Buren
c) Millard Fillmore and Andrew Johnson
d) William Howard Taft and Warren G. Harding
5) Which U.S. president was born on Independence Day?
a) Calvin Coolidge
b) James Buchanan
c) Andrew Johnson
d) Ronald Reagan
6) What is the estimated number of people living in the 13 colonies on July 4, 1776?
a) 2.5 million
b) 9 million
c) 15 million
d) 30 million
7) Which of the following was not one of the original 13 American Colonies?
d) North Carolina