September 12, 2015
November 28, 2015 - WALK IT OFF TOUR! (After Thanksgiving)
Every Second Saturday every other month
10:00 am - 12:30 pm | $10/person (please consider paying in advance)
For the Historic North Hollywood "NoHo" walking tour, attendees will learn about real cowboys, pioneer families, movie television and recording stars, the Spanish conquest, Mexican ranchos, great steam trains, vast ranches and orchards, land barons, wars, architecture, and much more!
Additional tour highlights include:
- Amelia Earhart Statue
- Amelia Earhart Library (1928)
- El Portal Theatre (1926)
- St. Paul's First Lutheran Church
- NoHo Arts District
- NoHo Fire Station #60
- Lankershim Arts Center (1939) (S. Charles Lee, architect)
- So. Pacific Railroad Depot (1886)
- Commonwealth Savings & Loan Building
- Weddington Family History
- North Hollywood Masonic Temple Lodge 542
- Security Trust and Savings Bank (1924)
- Lankershim Elementary School (Marilyn Monroe attended)
You may prepay and RSVP for the tour on Eventbrite: CLICK HERE.
In addition, if you would like write a check for a tour, it may be made payable and sent to: The Museum of the San Fernando Valley, 18860 Nordhoff St.., Suite 204, Northridge, CA 91324-3885
To RSVP by phone for an upcoming historic walking tour, please contact us at (818) 347-9665 and leave your name, email, phone number and how many attendees or email at events@theMuseumSFV.org .
Tour meets at Amelia Earhart Statue; NW corner of Tujunga St. & Magnolia Blvd. (at corner of Library)