2010 The Year of Valley Adventures
The following is a partial list of images and documents contributed by the First Presbyterian Church of Granda Hills for the Northridg100 centennial celebration. These items are now part of the permanent archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley and will be available for scholars, future historians of the Church, and other historical organizations. Photographs have been scanned and archived electronically. Later the documents will be copied and transcribed for historical purposes.
The materials were amassed by Sara Bauer. They were accompanied by an historical timeline and a brief history of the church from its origins the Granada Hills Memorial Church to the present First Presbyterian Church of Granda Hills.
10400 Zelzah Avenue, Northridge, California.
1293 Areal First Presbyterian Ch. Granda Hills 1964 (photograph)
1294 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 1967 (photograph)
1295 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills Dedication 1960
1296 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills Interior 1960
1297 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 50th Anniv. 1997
1298 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 1847-1997 (brochure)
Granda Hills Memorial Church – Community Presbyterian
1299 Granada Hills Mem. Church – Bulletin April 13, 1952
1300 Introducing the First Presbyterian Church (between 1954 - 1971)
1301 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 25th Anniv. 1972
1302 The Celtic Pres. September 1972 25th Anniv. (Church bulletin
1303 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 45th Anniv.
1304 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills Jan 20, 2010
1305 First Presbyterian Church Granada Hills 40th Anniv. brochure
1306 Granada Hills Memorial Church Church Officers 1951 (photo)
Officers of Granada Hills Memorial Church Feb. 27, 1951
Church officers on the first anniversary of the new church building on Zelzah Avenue.
l-r (front row) Carl Koons, Thomas Decker, Floyd Balding, Maynard Solt, Margaret Rizer, Eleanor Hawkins, Edwin Hardin, and Walter Ott
(second row) Miles Von Heeder, Harvey Schlepp, William Roberts, Rev. Alfred McNair, Albert Green and Thurlow Culley.